Telephones are answered Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Our practice has full-time coverage for patient emergencies that may occur after hours. If a problem arises during a time when the office is closed, call the office at 303-841-2212 and the answering service will contact the doctor on call. Your call will be returned in a timely manner. Our office does charge $35 for after-hours consultations initiated by the patient or patient’s guardian. These charges will be your responsibility and will be billed directly to you. Please note that prescription refills and referrals are not considered emergencies and will not be done after hours.
All prescription refill requests should be called in to your pharmacy or processed on our Patient Portal. Your pharmacy will call the office if authorization is needed. Your refill requests will be handled by this practice within 48 hours after your request is received. Prescriptions will not be called in after hours or on weekends.
Referrals and Pre-certification
Referrals to other physicians and pre-certification for diagnostic facilities can take up to 72 hours for our office and your insurance to process. Referrals and pre-certifications will not be done after hours or on weekends. You are required to notify us at least 72 hours in advance of an appointment requiring a referral or precertification.
Should you have any laboratory work or other diagnostic testing done through our practice, you will be notified of the results as soon as they are available (usually within 5 working days from the test date). All results must first be reviewed by the ordering provider. You will then receive a call from the doctor’s assistant or a card in the mail with the physician’s instructions.
Our office partners with a company to process records requests on a weekly basis. Records will be released to any physician upon your written request and authorization as a courtesy. There is a charge of $25 for personal records requests.
Self-Pay accounts are patients without insurance or patients without a current insurance card on file.
- We require a deposit of $75.00 at check-in. If you are unable to pay at check-in you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- The deposit will be applied to the charges incurred and you will receive a bill for any balance due. Those self-pay patients who pay in full by the initial statement due date will receive a prompt pay discount of 40%.
- If you are unable to pay your balance due in full, please contact our Patient Account Specialist to discuss payment plan options.
We ask that you present your insurance card to us at every visit. If you fail to provide us with the correct insurance information at each visit, you may be responsible for payment for all services provided.
- Copayments are due at the time of service. Waiver of co-payments may constitute fraud under state and federal law. Please help us in upholding the law by paying your co-payment at each visit.
- We are Primary Care Physicians (PCP). If your insurance company requires you pick a PCP, one of our physicians must be the PCP listed on your insurance card. If we are not the PCP listed on your card you may be responsible for payment for all services provided.
- We are contracted with most insurance plans. If you are not insured by a plan we are contracted with, payment in full is expected at the time of service. If you are insured by a plan we are contracted with, but don’t have an up-to-date insurance card, payment in full for each visit is required until we can verify your coverage.
- We will submit your claims and assist you in any way we reasonably can to help get your claims paid. Your insurance company may need you to supply certain information directly. It is your responsibility to comply with their request.
- Routine services include but are not limited to physicals, pap smears, pelvic exams, well child exams, sports/camp physicals and immunizations. Some insurance policies restrict routine or preventative medicine to one visit per year. If your insurance does not include routine benefits you will be expected to pay the balance in full within 30 days of notification from our office that the bill is your responsibility. Routine services could include lab work that may be ordered and drawn by our providers but processed at an outside laboratory facility. You will be billed separately by the outside laboratory performing these services. We cannot bill your visit any other way when you schedule an annual exam or have any service classified as routine. To do so would be fraudulent.
- Your health insurances contract is between you and your insurance company. Knowing your insurance benefits is your responsibility. Any questions or complaints regarding your coverage should be directed to your insurance carrier.
- Partial payments will not be accepted unless otherwise negotiated with our billing office.
- All accounts with a balance due over 45 days will be assessed a Billing Fee of $25. .
- Unpaid balances over 90 days will be referred to a collection agency and you and your immediate family members may be discharged from this practice.
Our office charges $35 for missed appointments not canceled within a reasonable amount of time. These charges will be your responsibility and will be billed directly to you. Please help us to serve you better by keeping your scheduled appointment.
Our office charges $25 for the completion of disability, workers compensation, adoption, and FMLA forms. These charges will be your responsibility and will be billed directly to you.
Hilltop Family Physicians’ Notice of Privacy Practices is posted in the office waiting room and on our website. Hard copies are also available for all patients. In accordance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule, all patients are required to acknowledge receipt of the Notice of Privacy Practices.